Back again for part two, surprise! (That was really corny and I'm sorry...) Part 2 takes us to Surprise, Arizona, home of Surprise Stadium. During spring training, this stadium is home to the Texas Rangers and the Kansas City Royals.
I'm just gonna jump right into the game on this one...
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim vs Texas Rangers
Angels 9 Rangers 10 F/9
 |
| Rangers pitchers warming up on the practice fields before the game |
 |
| Yu Darvish (11), Joakim Soria (28), Embarrassed to say I don't know... (61) |
 |
| Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez |
 |
| Rangers manager, Ron Washington |
 |
| Several Angels players warming up, including, Mike Trout, Albert Pujols, Peter Bourjos, and Howie Kendrick |
 |
| Angels manager, Mike Scioscia |
 |
| Mark Trumbo |
 |
| Peter Bourjos |
 |
| Mark Trumbo |
 |
| View from my seat |
 |
| Final score |
 |
| My uncle and I |
 |
| View from left field |
 |
| Surprise Stadium sign |
This was a very fun and exciting game. Before it even began though, the fun really started. My family and I went to the practice fields to try and get autographs. Ian Kinsler was my favorite Texas Ranger, with David Murphy coming in at a close second. I got them both to sign their cards as well as got autographs from Josh Lindbloom and Mitch Moreland.
 |
| Josh Lindbloom and Mitch Moreland |
 |
| Ian Kinsler |
 |
| David Murphy |
As you can see from the picture of the scoreboard, lots of runs were scored and the game kept going back and forth. Add in a bunch of minor leaguers who weren't on the rosters and the game went downhill from there. Well, for me anyway. I was just learning how to use an iPad to keep score. I definitely prefer the paper method for these types of games.
Now on to Part 3. Stay tuned for that! Thanks for reading
No comments:
Post a Comment