Valentine's Day At Fiscalini: Watching the Sport I Love On the Day of Love
Unlike seemingly the vast majority of the female population, I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. Halloween and Opening Day rank as my favorite holidays in case you were wondering. Anyway, as most girls require/expect/hope for flowers, jewelry, and chocolate on the day of love, I prefer baseball tickets for the upcoming season. However, I didn't have a Valentine this year, unless you're willing to count the CSUSB baseball team, which I did. For the first time in my 19 (almost 20!!!) years, I had one of the best Valentine's Days ever! I got to see a double header as the Cal State San Bernardino Coyotes, my college, played the Point Loma Nazarene University Sea Lions at Fiscalini Field to finish up a four game series. The two teams split the first two games, getting a win a piece while playing in San Diego, before coming back to finish up in San Bernardino. I went to the games with one of my good friends who I enjoy dragging to baseball games and we had a great time.
The sun was shinning brightly, and quite warmly, (80 degrees thank you) as I took in game one, a nine inning affair which the Sea Lions ended up winning 6-4. My friend, Meli, joined me for game two, which was a 7 inning game, with a final score of 5-1 in favor of the Sea Lions, giving them the series win. I was happy regardless as getting to see my favorite sport on the day of love was enough for me.
 |
| CSUSB Coyote RHP, Tyler Rahier |
 |
Point Loma Nazarene University Sea Lion 1B/C, Ryan Garcia
|
 |
| CSUSB Coyote RHP, Tyler Rahier |
 |
| CSUSB Coyote 3B/SS, Will Ouellette |
 |
| CSUSB Coyote 1B, Spencer Bayless |
 |
CSUSB Coyote 2B, Kevin Meriwether and PLNU Sea Lion OF, Devin Carter
|
 |
| CSUSB Coyote SS, Grant Buchanan |
 |
| PLNU Sea Lion OF, Devin Carter |
 |
| PLNU Sea Lion OF, Devin Carter |
 |
| PLNU Sea Lion INF, Connor Larson |
 |
| PLNU Sea Lion 1B, Alex Campos |
 |
| PLNU Sea Lion OF, AJ Derr |
 |
Looking into the Coyotes dugout from the bleachers on the third base line
|
 |
| CSUSB Coyote CF, Aaron Owen |
 |
| CSUSB Coyote CF, Aaron Owen |
 |
| CSUSB Coyote 1B, Spencer Bayless |
 |
| CSUSB Coyote 1B, Spencer Bayless |
 |
| PLNU Sea Lion RHP, Kevin Lillicrop |
 |
| PLNU Sea Lion RHP, Kevin Lillicrop |
 |
| My friend Meli and I enjoying game 2 |
 |
| Obligatory Valentine's Day/ Double Header Selfie |
No comments:
Post a Comment