While staying in Philadelphia, I found out about the Camden Riversharks, an Independent League baseball team. They were just across the river from my hotel. I already knew about Independent League baseball, because a friend of mine played for the Lancaster Barnstormers. The Riversharks game wasn't originally on our schedule, but once I found out a former Quake I knew was on the team, I just had to go see them play! We crossed the bridge to Camden, New Jersey, another first for me, and headed to Campbell's Field.
Long Island Ducks vs Camden Riversharks
Ducks 3 Riversharks 9 F/9
As with the first post, some of the pictures are out of order
 |
| Phinley, the Riversharks mascot, and I |
 |
| The beautiful Campbell's Field! The bridge makes for a stunning view |
 |
| Starting pitcher, Josh Walter |
 |
| Josh Walter |
 |
| The scoreboard |
 |
| The beautiful carousel |
 |
| the opposing Long Island Ducks |
 |
| Sharks DH, Padron |
 |
| Ducks RF, Bailey, former Lancaster JetHawk |
 |
| The carousel at sunset. Looks magical doesn't it? |
 |
| Campbell's Field as the sun has just about set |
 |
| Phinley at second base |
 |
| Riversharks win! |
 |
| Starting pitcher and acquaintance, Josh Walter, former Rancho Cucamonga Quake |
 |
| Ducks 1B, Broussard and Sharks RF Cesar |
I didn't know Josh would be pitching that day, so I was very excited when I saw that he was the starting pitcher! One of the great things about seeing an Independent league game is seeing several former members of Cal League teams. It was great knowing who several of the players on both teams were. I had a great time watching the Riversharks and will continue to root for them next season back in California.
Now onto Lancaster, PA, home of the Lancaster Barnstormers. A former Quake played for them and I was hoping to see him and the rest of the Barnstormers play. Unfortunately, the team was out of town when I stopped by ClipperMagazine Stadium, but I did make sure to get a hat and was lucky enough to be shown the field.
 |
| The scoreboard |
 |
| The beautiful carousel This appeared to be a theme at the Independent League Stadiums |
 |
| View of the field |
 |
| Lancaster Barnstormers hat. I love the logo! |
Now that we've covered Independent League baseball, I'll be moving onto baseball paraphernalia I saw while exploring the Hershey museum.
 |
| Hershey baseball uniform |
 |
| Cy Young's perfect game 1904 |
 |
| Grand Slam bar |
You've seen the Phillies, the Riversharks, and the Barnstormers, now onto the Fightin Phils in part 3 of World of Baseball: Pennsylvania. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment