Tuesday, December 31, 2013

World of Baseball: Pennsylvania: Part 3

The 3rd and final part of World of Baseball: Pennsylvania takes us to Reading, home of the Phillies AA affiliate, the Fightin Phils. I've been going to minor league baseball games since I was a month old and by the time I went to Reading, I had been to 7 of the 10 California League stadiums. It was time for me to go to one out of state, so to FirstEnergy Field we went!

Richmond Flying Squirrels vs Reading Fightin Phils
Squirrels 3 Phils 5 F/9

FirstEnergy Stadium Home of the Fightin Phils

Screwball and my mom

Home run by Maikel Franco, Squirrels 1B Ricky Oropesa



Phils Pitcher, David Buchanan

Phils 1B, Jim Murphy
Squirrels baserunner, Joe Panik

Phils CF, Tyson Gillies


Home run by either Jim Murphy or Tyson Gillies

T-Shirt cannon Train 

Phils pitcher, David Buchanan


Phils win!

I absolutely loved FirstEnergy Field! It was an incredible experience. I got to see future Phillies, former San Jose Giants (A+ affiliate of the SF Giants), as the Squirrels are the AA affiliate of the San Fransisco Giants, and a swimming pool in right field. The Crazy Hot Dog Vendor was one of the most random mascots I'd ever seen, but he and the Phils totally rocked it! The T-Shirt Train was a truly unique and fun promotion! Another great promotion the Phils had was the option to get a commemorative gold coin from a local bank. I of course took them up on the offer. Nothing like a baseball souvenir from Baseballtown. 
I have to admit, I was very lucky that all three games I went to, the team I was rooting for won! Pennsylvania was a great state to visit for baseball and I certainly plan to return again. I'd love to see the Phillies again at CBP, preferably without a rain delay, as well as their AAA affiliate, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs. 
I hope you've enjoyed this trip through Pennsylvania. Stay tuned for World of Baseball: Arizona and World of Baseball: California! 
Enjoy the remaining hours of 2013 and we'll see you in 2014! Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment